I recently attended one session on Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 at Persistent Systems Limited and found it very interesting and helpful. You can get all the information about LightSwitch from here .
According to me, some of the important features of Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 which I liked are as follows:
1) Easier facility to add data source and retrieve data from MS SQL Server, MS SQL Azure, MS SharePoint and Windows Communication Foundation
2) Business friendly data types like EmailAddress and PhoneNumber are present which are very helpful
3) One can create screens for your data quickly using shortcuts present in the action bar
4) One can choose from already present common screen templates and match the screen to the appropriate data source
5) Edit screen layout using a Tree Control
6) Screens automatically create input field for the entity model they are matched to
7) Business data types enable additional validation and functionality without writing a single code
8) Export to Microsoft Excel is directly available
9) It enables non-programmers to develop professional, quality business applications
10) Customizable templates enable new and creative user experiences
11) LightSwitch features support for many devices—including touch-screen support—is built in
12) If you have already built any desktop application and in a need to convert it to web application then it is very easy to convert that desktop application with a single button click and your web application is ready to deploy.
Different shells are available for the applications in LightSwitch so that at any point of time, one can easily change the UI as quickly as possible with a single button click.
The limitation of LightSwitch which I felt is that UI is completely dependant on the shell. Different templates could not be added in the same application at one point of time.
I am finding it very much useful and try to work with it once a week. To download Microsoft Visual Studio Lightswitch, kindly use this link.
While developing the application in Windows Presentation Foundation, you might face with issue of scaling the application. If you want to run your application into different display of different resolutions then you might need to scale up/down your application to regain the application controls at the right position as they were present before.
I am currently working on a project using a Windows Presentation Foundation in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate. In one module, I decided to provide some reports to the client. The few problems I came across in the generation of reports are as follows:
I got a letter and certificate from Microsoft India Team about completion of my graduation in the Microsoft Student Partners program. The snapshot of the certificate is attached and you can see below:
I have taken lectures in the different colleges, not only my college but various colleges in the Nagpur and also reviews of the students about the latest technology. The best part was “DreamSpark Yatra” . A Life changing moment, Really! 🙂
Made a lot many friends during the program and interacted with many professionals and got to learn different things which I would have just dreamed of. Enjoyed a lot 🙂
In this post, I am gonna share with you all about the exciting updates of Windows Phone 7 Mango. 🙂
Microsoft has integrated Twitter, Facebook Chat, Windows Live Messenger and other popular social networking sites into the OS itself.
The feature in which it will bring in all your messages from IMs, Facebook, SMS’s right in one Inbox is called Thread Feature . Microsoft has also introduced Unified Inbox, which will allow users to read emails from multiple Email ids from one place only. It looks interesting 😀
Today, I am gonna share my Microsoft Student Partners Experience with you all. First of all, I would like to tell you about the Microsoft Student Partners Program. 🙂
The Microsoft Student Partners ( MSP ) program is a vibrant, global community of technology enthusiasts who love to learn and share technology with their peers. Being a Microsoft Student Partner enables MSP’s to be at the very leading edge of technology- to learn straight from the experts and then share it with peers in different colleges, cities or regions. 😛 MSPs also get a chance to attend various prestigious events organized by Microsoft, and support and encouragement from Microsoft to organize events in their college and city. One can also be able to interact with like-minded students across the country and have lots of fun along the way. 🙂