I have seen many people facing problem with autoconfiguration of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses in windows 7 operating system.
- Problem in connecting to the network with any IP input.
- Problem in changing or disabling Autoconfiguration IPv4 or IPv6 Address which is shown in ipconfig command.
- Type ” netsh winsock reset ” ( without quotes ) in the Command Prompt and press Enter. ( Winsock is basically a specification of how networking software accesses the network services )
- Type netsh interface ipv4 reset in command prompt and press Enter. ( For IPv4 address )
- Type netsh interface ipv6 reset in command prompt and press Enter. ( For IPv6 address )
- ipconfig /flushdns press Enter. ( Flushes the dns )
Finally Restart your Computer and you are done!
Facebook has introduced with the new feature of group chat to give users control to share their information and stuff. It has become a lot popular these days. If you have a group of people discussing about something, then this is the awesome solution. But sometimes, some of your friends in a group are online and having a chat but you are not willing to join the conversation on the group chat then, it becomes quite irritating for you as facebook pings you with those red coloured digits signifying the many lines of text sent will glare at you like anything!
Continue reading “How to Stop Facebook Group Chat”
Windows Phone 7 is released officially by Microsoft! I watched the Windows Phone 7 Launch Event and it was very nice 🙂 . In this article, I will explaining you about how you can develop the sample application for Windows Phone 7 in Visual Studio.
The Windows Phone 7 Developer Tools package includes everything you need to write awesome applications and even games for Windows Phone 7. All of the tools included in it are absolutely free.
Continue reading “Windows Phone 7 Application Tutorial”
In windows, If you want to share a internet connection on one or more systems then it is easy and very much possible. These are the steps you should perform :
1) Goto Network and Sharing Center .
2) Now click on Setup a new connection or network.
3) Now click on the wireless and hoc (computer-to-computer) network. Then it will ask the name for this network and authentication type. Security key is asked in this step. Give the Security key and then you will be asked to enable the Internet Connection or not.
Click on this button and now your network has been established. Simply connect to this network and after connecting, other users can connect to this network and access the internet connection by using the same security key.
DriverStore is a new and a central location in Windows Vista and Windows 7 where all the driver files will be stored., before they are copied to their final destination during the device driver installation.
The location of the driver store is – C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore
Driver files are stored in folders, which are located inside the FileRepository folder as shown in the image below.
For eg: the driver package developed by Microsoft that contains the core mouse support files is present in the following folder.
Within this folder are the driver files (.sys), driver setup files (.inf), pre-compiled INF files(.pnf), and an XML manifest file that contains the manifest of all the files within the driver package. Together, all of these different files add up to the driver package, which contains all the files needed to install the device. To protect these files, the NTFS permissions on the driver store and its sub-folders and files is full control for the local system account and Read& Execute for the Everyone built in identity.
Earlier in Windows XP and 2000, the driver source files neeeded for installing the devices were typically found in several locations.
* %SystemRoot%\Driver Cache\i386\drivers.cab
* %SystemRoot%\Driver Cache\i386\service_pack.cab
* .inf files under %windir%inf
* .sys files under %SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers
* Support DLLs under %SystemRoot%\System32
* Third Party co-installers in various locations.
Advantages of maintaining a central store:
1. Allows for potentially faster device installation and more realiable driver rollback and is a single standard for un-installing drivers.
2. Allows you to protect drivers by using the Windows Resource Protection(WRP).
3. Uses index files to minimize the performance impact on installing devices when the driver store grows in size as a result of new package additions.
What is God Mode? This is an secret Windows 7 Feature (If you can call so!!), which provides you an extended control panel to control your machine. Here are the Steps to invoke the God Mode:
Create a new folder (right-click and click on “New Folder”). Right-click on the folder and click on rename, copy and paste this:
This folder will now be a shortcut to the Windows 7 godmode. The godmode allows you to quickly access many Windows 7 functions via a GUI.